COASTAL CALLING - BRIGHTON HAUL // IYAAJAY

April 20, 2015


I began my week off work by heading to one of my favourite coastal hotspots, Brighton, to spend the day taking in the sights and sea air and also pick up some incredible pieces too as well as some unforeseen shoe trauma.

We started off by heading to Lou Lou's Vintage Fair held at the Corn Exchange, which unfortunately was a little disappointing if I'm honest as it was a lot of faux vintage and upcycled pieces. So to ease the pain, I headed to two of my favourite stores, All Saints and The White Company.


Ive been eyeing up this tee for some time, and originally saw it in the concession in Fenwicks in Tunbridge Wells but I just couldn't justify the £40 price tag it came with so I was incredibly happy to see this in the mid season sale for £28 which I couldn't turn down. The material is super soft like all All Saints tees, and the print nails the SS15 urban florals trend which was heralded by Burberry and Topman Design. I can't wait to team this with my staple jeans and another little piece Ive just ordered that I'll mention later on.


If you know me pretty well, you know that I love sea salt scents, and I couldn't quite believe The White Company has finally turned it into a limited edition candle for this season. After last seasons Fireside candle that my mum is so obsessed with (She won't burn it as she wants it to last) I was clambering to get my hands on the newest edition. With notes of Vetiver, Eucalyptus and a heady note of nostalgia, it reminds me of spending days down on the beach in Cornwall when I was younger. I also don't plan to burn this as I adore the scent too much to ever lose it, but they approx last up to 20 hours, and also come in an incredibly heavy glass votive which can be reused as either storage or a tea light holder too.

Whilst also in Brighton, we also popped to Strada, our little tradition if we ever visit, and had an amazing lunch (I highly recommend the Parma Pizza, where I also overcame my weird phobia of eating tomatoes *side note, I can eat tomato sauce etc but can't eat proper tomatoes but I made myself try them and surprised myself*). We love the atmosphere in there as its so laid back but also homely at the same time.

Another item I was hunting for in Brighton was a pair of summer sandals, and was aiming to get the Zara Combined Sandals or the All Saints Nuvos Sandals that Ive previously featured on my blog, but unfortunately both stores didnt stock either which really frustrated me as I had my heart set on either pair but thought Topman would have something. I decided to try on their Saxon Strap Leather Sandals in all Black which although look amazing in real life, just didn't fit at all (I tried on both a 9 and a 10 and they just crippled) so I tried on the Rodden Slider in Black Leather but I couldn't even get my foot past the middle of the strap and there was just no way they were going to fit either. So, being a bit disheartened, on the way home I decided to hit the ASOS app and discovered the ASOS Sandals in Leather which I just had to have. They're exactly the pair I was originally looking for and I just so happened to slip and accidentally order them (who believed that? nobody? okay then) so I can't wait to style them with the All Saints tee (if they fit when I get them) 

BRING ON SUMMER

Voting is still open for The Male Grooming Review Best Men's Lifestyle Blog (10 days left) and I would love your support as I'm up against some incredibly well known guys in the field and I almost feel like the little outsider! If you would like to vote, please click the link above and vote for IYAAJAY, I would genuinely appreciate it.

Until next time guys,

Jay


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook