MAKE THE CUT / BLEACH LONDON HONEST REVIEW // IYAAJAY

June 05, 2015


Now I don't often do a post with a negative vibe to it, but after seeing what you guys would like to see, I thought I'd do a little bit more of an in-depth review of Bleach Londons styling and maintanance products that I featured first here. Ive given a good amount of time to try these products and really put them through the wringer to see if they're worth it (think of it like the Hunger Games for hair products) and the results are a little bit surprising.


First on the chopping block is Bleach's Silver Conditioner which claims to 'preserve your perfect ashy blonde tone' which I know has you thinking 'but your not blonde?!', well thats where your wrong. I have ombre'd hair which does require a fair bit of maintenance so I was finally happy to find a product that stated its suppose to help. Oh how wrong was I?!

Ive found my hair looks no different since using this product, the colour hasn't changed or look remotely brighter, and actually in certain lights looks dingy which really frustrates me because its done exactly the opposite of what it states. The bottle is a nightmare to get the product out of and has an incredibly strong, almost acidic smell which frightened me when I first went to use this product. Theres also no directions of use and doesn't state at all how long to leave it on for so I have tried it from 5 mins to 50 mins and its always done exactly the same thing on my hair. Nothing. I did actually reach out to Bleach regarding this, and did get a little bit of a sarcasticly toned email response which I didn't really appreciate especially because the packaging doesn't state it.

If your in the market for a conditioner for blonde hair, I would highly recommend the Redken Blonde Idol which has a dial to customise how strong you can make the product, perfect for getting your ideal tone. If the Redken product is a little too much out of your price range, the Provoke Touch of Silver conditioner is also a recommendation.


Next up is their Split Fix serum which was a little 50/50 for me. True, it does what it says and makes hair shiny and also smooths flyaways down, but I've also used this product (around a 5p size amount) and it left my hair clogged, almost dirty looking (and it wasn't anywhere near the roots) and also didn't tame flyaways at all. Its a little bit of a strange product because its not the cheapest of products for something that you can adapt other products to do. I think it might work well on people with longer hair, or slightly thinner hair but if you have thicker, stubborn hair, its a no from me sadly.


Finally up to meet its maker is the Swamp Spritz spray. I originally picked this up over my beloved Toni and Guy sea salt spray in order to try something different (well that, and Boots did their 3 for 2 deal) and I honestly thought it couldn't differ that much, could it?

First off, the packaging is a little fiddly and I also found my bottle haemorrhages product EVERYWHERE. The nozzle, when set on the one they state to use, is a really irregular spray and also causes the product to leak down your arm too which is really something you don't want to have to deal with. I also found that it sprays a little clumpy (bare with me on this) and the product hits the hair in almost little lumps of solid salt, which means Ive spent a good few minutes picking this out. I also found this isn't as lightweight as states, and actually clumped my hair together, tangling it and making it a nightmare to work with. 

If your looking for the perfect spray, I strongly recommend the Toni and Guy Men Sea Salt spray which I've found really works well for my hair type and also is perfect for creating those beachy styles. Another product worth mentioning is the return of the John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves spray which has made a welcome return to the market and is a true cult classic in the haircare world.

All in all, my experience with these products hasn't been the best and unfortunately Im going to have to keep searching for alternatives to these products. 

Have you tried any Bleach products? What did you think of them? Let me know below!

Also make sure to follow my blogs Facebook page that I decided to set up to keep up to date with news and also my latest posts too if your not following on here 

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook