UNIQLO METROPOLITAN MAN COMPETITION PRIZES // IYAAJAY

July 03, 2015


A couple of weeks ago, I got the lovely surprise from UNIQLO that i was the lucky winner of their Metropolitan Man competition they ran over on their Twitter account using the hashtag #metropolitanman and a photo of your idea of a metropolitan outfit. Luckily they loved my look (you can see it for yourselves here) and as part of the prize, I was able to pick out £200 worth of UNIQLO goodies which, being a real gent, I got other items for my parents and family too, caring is sharing right?

Speaking of sharing, I thought I would show you guys what I picked out and how I would style it too.


First off, Ive been trying to find the perfect belt to go with everything and I finally tracked one down on UNIQLO. I picked out this MEN Suede belt in dark brown, which matches my suede chelsea boots perfectly but also looks great dressed casually too. The suede is incredibly soft but also looks very hardwearing which is perfect for the metropolitan man too!


Next up is this USA OMIYAGE tee that I oddly fell in love with as soon as I saw it. I have a weird thing about graphic tees as I find them harder to style then plainer tees but there was something about this one I couldn't resist. I love the simplicity of the line drawn illustration style graphics and the fact that you can dress it down with shorts and hightops for a classic summer look, but then paired with jeans and a shirt, it'll look great for winter too. UNIQLO is renowned for their super soft cotton tees and this one certainly doesnt disappoint, and is light enough to wear without being too thin and flimsy like many tees.


How could I resist this? I mean honestly! If its denim or ombre, I'm all over it, so when I saw this combination, I HAD to get it (You can get it here too). I went a size up then normal to have that oversized slouchy feel. I love how adaptable this shirt can be too, as I've tried it on with it buttoned up with skintight jeans and boots for a quirkier take on evening out attire, but then flung it over a white tee and denim shorts for a take on double denim that doesn't look ridiculous.  The denim is super soft and also light enough to wear under jumpers in the winter as well as over tees in the summer, the perfect multitasker!

How would you style these pieces? Let me know below.

A huge thank you to UNIQLO for picking me as the winner of their competition and for sending me these amazing prizes too.

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook