BOMBER STYLE GUIDE FT TOPMAN, ASOS & RIVER ISLAND // IYAAJAY

August 26, 2015


The bomber seems to be everywhere this season.
Whether its high end or high street, you can't escape the tell tail signs of a bomber jacket and to be honest, I was a little sceptical about getting one until I saw this example from Topman which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it. I finally decided to pick it up but had total reservations about how I would style it, so I thought I'd share with you guys how I will be wearing mine.


This outfit to me screams 70s nostalgia crossed with a little 90s throwback too, especially with the ripped true blue denim. The tee, which is a really pale cream and washed red, give off that sun faded 70s look which seems to be a recurring trend for the winter and the jacket offers another layer and bolder colour to tie the pieces together.


This look is definitely going to be one of my go-to looks for not only work but for running errands too as its functional and not overly fussy which is perfect for work. If I wanted to up the ante with warmth, Id pair a plaid shirt underneath in a contrasting colour (forest green works great with this bold burgundy). If the white tee is a little plain for you, try pairing it with a striped tee which'll also go great with this jacket.


I know this look is a little boring but I thought I'd let the texture of the tee be the only detail I need on this pairing. The tee is a waffle knit material, which adds an interesting texture to the look and its also great for layering due to its super lightweight nature. If this look is a little bit too plain for you, I think a small amount of layered necklaces would really gain attention too. Id also be tempted to pair this with another layer such as a khaki longline shirt for another complimentary colour.


If layering is a little bit of a daunt for you, I think Ive found the solution. This knitted tee has a faux shirt edge to it, so it gives you the look of two pieces with the functionality of just one layer, BONUS! The pairing of burgundy, grey and white works perfectly with black denim, especially ripped knees to add detail and interest to the look. Ive also found that the ripped knee jeans make me look taller as it shows off exactly where your knee is, so if your wearing longline items, you don't run the risk of looking like you just bought the wrong size!

If I was going to use this jacket for a night look, Id be tempted to stick to my favoured look of super tight jeans and chelsea boots, but I would swap out the plaid shirt for an open white one to keep it clean and crisp, and then team it with a camel fedora for that extra dose of laid-back luxe.

How would you style this jacket for any occasion? Let me know below!

Until next time guys,

Jay

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook